Available Permit Applications
A permit is required for any construction, change in use or occupancy, alteration, and/or repair of any structure, building, or building system, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and irrigation systems. If in doubt, please contact the Permits Department for more information. All contractors must be registered with the City before obtaining commercial and residential permits. For permitting and contractor registration information, email the Permits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 281-489-0630 x4.
The City of Manvel uses MyGov as its primary contractor management tool. Within the dashboard, contractors can view projects, pay invoices, and schedule inspections. MyGov is NOT a submission tool. DO NOT upload applications or business documentation to the MyGov portal. To register with MyGov, contractors must sign up as a Collaborator.
Apply as a contractor with the City of Manvel:
- Complete a Contractor Permit, including the licensed contractor's name, telephone number, and the email associated with their MyGov portal.
- Submit a valid, current license and, if applicable, the specialty license (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC).
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) for liability with a coverage amount of at least one (1) million dollars.
Contractor information, applications, and plans must be submitted electronically by email to email@example.com.
A list of available permit applications can be viewed in the dropdowns below.
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Certified Test Report
- Commercial Vehicle Permit Application (Heavy Haul)
- Contractor Registration (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Application (PDF)
- Fire Alarm and Detection Systems Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler Permit Application (PDF)
- Fixed Suppression System Permit Application (PDF)
- Flammmable Combustible Permit Application (PDF)
- Irrigation Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Application (PDF)
- Rights-of-Way Permit Application
- Roofing Permit Application
- Sign Permit (PDF)
- Solicitors Application
- Pool or Spa Application (PDF)
- Beer Permit Application (PDF)
- Burn Permit Application
- Extended Stay Permit
- Foster Home Permit Application
- Mobile Home Park Renewal Form NEW
- Operational Permit Application (PDF)
- RV Park Renewal Application
- Salvage Storage Yard (Form) (PDF)
- Salvage Yard Renewal
- Wrecker Permit and License Application (PDF)