The City has reached the conditions required for the Stage 1 Trigger of the City of Manvel's Drought Contingency Plan. This is a voluntary stage of conservation, but it is highly encouraged that Manvel utility customers conserve water.
Over the last 3 days, the City's total daily water demand has equaled or exceeded sixty percent (60%) of the City’s water production capacity. This has triggered Stage 1 of Manvel's Drought Contingency Plan. The Stage 1 Trigger is mild water shortage conditions, meaning Manvel utility customers are not required, but requested, to voluntarily conserve water and adhere to the prescribed restrictions on certain water uses defined under the Stage 1 Trigger.
Stage 1 Trigger:
- Manvel water customers are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas under the proposed structure:
- Customers with a street address ending in even numbers (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8) will limit irrigation on Sundays and Thursdays.
- Customers with a street address ending in odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) will limit irrigation on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
- Landscape irrigation is requested to only take place between the hours of midnight and 10 a.m. on designated watering days. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at any time if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
- Manvel water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue nonessential water use such as the washing of vehicles, building surfaces, driveways or sidewalks.
Additionally, please be mindful of conservation efforts inside the home as well:
- Repair leaky faucets, indoors and out.
- When cooking, peel and clean vegetables in a large bowl of water rather than under running water.
- Fill sink or basin when washing and rinsing dishes rather than leaving water running.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines only when they are full.
- Only run a garbage disposal when necessary and experiment with composting as an alternative.
- Install faucet aerators.
- Encourage short showers instead of baths and install low-flow showerheads.
- Turn off water when brushing teeth.
- Fill the sink to shave rather than leaving the water running.
This Ordinance gives the City Manager the authorization to initiate or terminate the restrictions outlined in the plan. The requirement for termination of Stage 1 of the plan may be rescinded when the triggering event condition has ceased to exist for a period of three consecutive days.